In honor of the League of American Bicyclists’ National Bike Month (which is this month, by the way!) we wanted to put together some of our favorite commute-by-bike items in time for Bike to Work Day, happening this Friday.
Check out these must-haves that’ll have you cycling to work in style in no time:
1. Iva Jean Reveal Bike Skirt: Let’s start with the basics. Slip into this ultra durable, moisture controlling pencil skirt before heading to work; a rear zipper reveals extra fabric that makes biking a breeze, and then you can zip ‘er back up once you’ve arrived to maintain that crisp, tailored look. It’s even got a hidden pocket for keys, credit cards, or a tube of power lipstick.
2. BOOKMAN Bike Lights: For those early mornings or late nights at work, you’re going to need a bit of light. Stay safe during a dark commutes with these bike lights by BOOKMAN. They’re easy to install on your handlebars or seat post and will keep you visible to motorists and pedestrians no matter the weather or time of day.
3. BikeConsole Smartphone Holder by TigraSport: You won’t miss a beat with one of these handy dandy phone cases by TigraSport. The case keeps your phone safe from damage on or off the streets, and the handlebar mount makes it easy to check the time or incoming messages while you’re stopped at a light. They even have models that charge your phone on the go. What more do you need?Image Courtesy of BOIA
4. Bobbin Bicycles Pannier: Rather than distracting from your cute corporate outfit with a bicycle messenger bag, why not opt for one of these panniers for toting work essentials? We love the nostalgic look of the sturdily woven straw, and what’s more, there’s an internal zipper pocket to keep your goods safe and sound.
5. Bicycle Mirror with Reflector: This retro mirror is great for commuting because it allows you to be completely aware of the surrounding vehicles and other cyclists that’re sharing the streets with you. It’s also got a reflector for extra safe riding. Best of all, it’s nice to get a glimpse of yourself after you’ve stepped off your bike so you can correct any minor hair or makeup issues before heading into the office with confidence.