Autumn, color changes and cool temperatures that rise later and set early with the sun, makes for great cycling. Whether you prefer riding through the quiet neighborhoods or riding through the city, it’s always wise to pedal through fall with the right set of gear for visibility and a freshly tuned up bike. For many states, having the right set of gear is required by law when riding in the evening, so plan your rides accordingly and make sure to be seen as loudly as possible.
Photo Courtesy Of Biking Toronto
To make sure you have the right set of gear- and state of mind- we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite fall night bicycling items to keep you safely saddled up when the sun is down.
1. Riding with lights when it’s dark makes cyclists much more visible and gives other traffic much more time to see and react to you. These Bookman Bicycle Lights are great for alerting others when you’re pedaling your way through the dark. Keep in mind that many states require by law that you have a white light in front and red light on the rear tail.
2. Wearing a reflective vest like this Iva Jean Two Way Reflective Vest makes you more visible to others and keeps you looking simply stylish on a bicycle as ever.
3. Cole Haan’s Reflective Monroe Penny Loafers just made bicycle style and visibility chic. At night these kicks light up against car headlights, making them a great choice for getting your visibility on.
4. It’s always wise to wear a bicycle helmet at night. You can adorably dress it up with this Reflective Bicycle Helmet Bow to keep you visible and stylishly safe.
5. A neat and simple idea to ride safe at night. These RydeSafe Reflective Bike Moustache Decals work similar to stop signs and road signs as they reflect light back in the direction for a brighter glow.