We’ve watching this starlet grow up on the silver screen; now we’re digging her grown-up fashion sense, especially when it comes to riding her bike.
Take a cue from Dakota and get yourself a pair of Dr. Scholl’s to wear with anything from your wardrobe this summer. They’re a classic brand with a classic look that just can’t let you down, plus they’re so very comfortable. The perfect retro look when paired with a great bike basket.
Image Courtesy of the Telegraph
In honor of National Bike To Work Day, Eleanor’s and Po Campo are hosting a Bicycle-Friendly Braid Bar at Transportation Alternatives “Bike Home From Work Party.”
The Bicycle Friendly Braid Bar will feature two Braid Experts teaching braid demos and styling your not so cute helmet head.
The first 50 people to stop by and sign up for our newsletter will receive a special giveaway bag filled with bike friendly treats. But if you are late, don’t worry, we will have special giveaway throughout the evening.
What: Bike Friendly Braid Bar
Where: Water St. between Adams and Pearl St. DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY
When: May 17, 2013 6:30pm-9:30pm
Why: To save you from that not so cute helmet head from your daily bike commute.
Catalina is the biking beauty in Punky Blaster’s video for Missin’. See what she had to say about the video, her acting career, and biking all over Brooklyn.
It probably comes as no surprise to any of you that we’re obsessed with Nantucket Bike Basket Co. If you’re looking for a charming way to get from Point A to Point B, look no further than any one of the hand-woven, durable rattan baskets: the nostalgic look adds instant oomph to any cycle. Best of all, the super sturdy rattan can withstand the elements and a good amount of use, so your basket will last a lifetime while keeping its good looks in tact.
So who brings us such perfect bike baskets? We had a chat with Kristen, who, along with her father, put the family’s 30+ years of experience in the basket industry to good use in the name of the woven bike basket. See what she has to say about the genesis of the NBBC baskets and her favorite cycling accessories.
It seems like y’all enjoying getting down to our favorite biking tunes for April, so we decided to put together a playlist for May. What’s more, some of the artists we’re diggin’ this month will be heading out on tour this summer. Stay tuned for our list of concerts and festivals that we’re most excited for this season.
Photo Credit: Erin Axtell by Luca Babbini for Vanity Fair Italia
1. Fall Of ‘82 - The Shins (2012, Columbia Records) The latest release from indie darlings The Shins isn’t too recent, but what the heck, we’re gearing up to see them at the Williamsburg Waterfront on May 26th. We also just have a hard time disliking anything that Zach Braff loves so much.
2. All Of Us - Painted Palms (2011, Secretly Canadian) San Francisco-based group is serving up some good psychedelic tracks to serve as our soundtrack for breezy spring and summer days. Super melodic and pretty darn catchy, we do declare.
3. She Lives in a Secret Town - Norwegian Arms (2013, no label) We can’t stop repping this Philadelphia-based trio. We loved them at SXSW and we’re loving them now that we’re back home, too. Folksy, whimsical tracks that are bound to get your toes tapping.
4. Robbin - Tennis (2012, Fat Possum Records) Our hands-down favorite husband and wife musical duo, based in Denver, either can’t stop or won’t stop making the perfect music for warm days. Not quite yacht rock, but if we had a yacht, we’d probably rock it.
5. LA, CA, USA - Stereo Total (2013, Kill Rock Stars) Talk about another power duo, this French/German group has been producing tech-infused tunes with vintage guitar twangs and samples since 1995. We’re excited about their new album, and having seen them at the Knitting Factory last month.
6. Diane Young - Vampire Weekend (slated for May 2013, XL Recordings) We’ve been dying to hear this NYC-based foursome’s new album. Why? Because it’s what you listen to when you pretend your life is a Wes Anderson film, that’s why.
7. Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac (1987, Warner Bros) In honor of Fleetwood Mac’s re-release of their 1977 album Rumours, then the fastest-selling LP in history, we’re revisiting some old classics. This, obviously, is one of them.
8. Recover - CHVRCHES (2013, under license to Glassnote Entertainment Group LLC) Since this song hit the airwaves, we’ve found it difficult to walk down the streets of Brooklyn without its infectious melody finding its way to our ears. We decided to just let it happen, and we’re pretty happy we did.
9. Ode to Viceroy - Mac Demarco (2012, Captured Tracks) This lazy tune is just the thing for Saturday mornings. Mac’s been getting major props at the festivals lately, which we totally understand. Just some casual tracks to chill out to this spring.
10. Aguas de Março - Antonio Carlos Jobim & Elis Regina (1974, Universal Music Ltda) We know that last month’s bossa nova tune left you begging for more, so here it is. Such a sweet song to end the playlist on, and even better for relaxing with a cocktail in a warm May breeze. Ah.
We had to share this piece from Design Sponge with you: it’s all about getting that Mona Lisa Smile look. What a perfect place to find inspiration for retro looks with a healthy dose of art history, feminine elegance, and biking chic. We love this handy guide, but the entire article is most certainly worth a read.
Image Courtesy of Design Sponge
PS- We’ve got your vintage-inspired bike baskets right here!
We don’t suppose we’re very original, featuring Beyoncé on our blog as a fashion muse. But really, this is a shout out to a beautiful woman with a family, a career and some great-looking legs (she probably owes it all to biking…). Also, she was kind enough to let the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens to make cameo appearances at this year’s Superbowl.
Although we dig her fur digs, at this time of year we’re more into these great tribal tapestry boots. If you’re in the market for some of these puppies, check out this pair by Bullboxer.
Image Courtesy of We-Flashy
We’re thrilled to announce that Eleanor’s & WE Bike NYC will be partnering with Immigrant Movement International and the Queens Museum of Art to lead a group ride this Mother’s Day as part of CycloFemme’s nationwide celebration of women on bicycles.
This spacious, vintage-inspired, bicycle pannier is perfect for the professional commuter.
This bag clips easily to a rear-rack, with a special locking mechanism that ensures your bag ends up at your destination with you.
Diana bikes all over Hartford. And looks very fetching with her creel basket, might we add…
This past February teams from Eleanor’s Stylish Bicycle Accessories and vintage mavens Honeysuckle & Hearts Vintage pulled together an inspiration photo shoot for spring/summer 2013. All images were shot by Rada Marin Photography.Continue Reading