Valentine’s is but a heartbeat away, so why not enjoy the most romantic day of the year on a bicycle built for two? Here are some fun, bike-friendly date ideas.
- Brooklyn Museum: Take a trip to this majestic museum for its Valentine’s Day evening express tours. And if you’re hankering for Parisian-style romance, bike past Grand Army Plaza’s arch—often called Brooklyn’s Arc de Triomphe.
- Couples Cooking Class: Why bother navigating the hectic Valentine’s restaurant scene? Ride to the Brooklyn Kitchen or TriniSoul Cooking, which offer classes where you and your sweetie can learn to cook yummy gourmet meals.
- Cover Band: Pedal to the Bell House in Gowanus. It’s hosting Unlovable: A Smiths and Morrissey Valentine’s Day, featuring tribute band The Sons & Heirs. Perfect for music-loving couples who could do without all the cupids and heart-shaped doilies.
- Brooklyn Bridge: The site of many marriage proposals and, for Sex and the City fans, Miranda and Steve’s happy reunion, this bridge provides a breathtaking view—for romantic moments, it’s practically foolproof.
- Central Park: Have a belated Valentine’s Day celebration with WE Bike NYC, which is offering guided bike tours of the park on February 23 at 1pm. Cupid waits for no one, so don’t be late.